Monday, July 13, 2009

Family means having your banana pudding and nutter butters too....

We had a really great weekend. Of course, it was busy, but that's the only way we know.

We made a trip to Lowe's Friday night, in anticipation of doing some work outside Saturday morning. Unfortunately, I ended up having to go in to the office for a while Saturday, and when I got home, the heat had kicked in outside, so we didn't get anything done work-wise.

We did go up to Jasper to see Heather's Uncle Jim and Aunt Debbie. They are such awesome people, and are so good to us. Jim has always been like a father to Heather, so we really enjoyed sitting out with them catching up on things.

We left Jasper headed to Mitchell Mountain near Berry, Alabama for a reunion of some of Heather's folks. This was the first of such reunions for me, but I'm usually at home in just about any crowd, so I wasn't worried about going.

All I can say is wow.











David and Sherry Mitchell hosted us all at their place. I have no idea how Sherry keeps that yard looking like it does. It was simply amazing, and they were so nice to share their home with everybody. We ate barbeque, chicken with white bbq sauce, potato salad, slaw, pasta salad, and then for dessert, we had banana pudding (the one from Southern Living with the Nutter Butters), southern praline cake, and some sort of chocolate brownie cool whip layer thing. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm!!!!

Then we stopped back by Chris and Jessica's on the way home, and they gave us Monkey Bread to take with us! Folks are not helping our diets.... which evidently are non-existent.

Yesterday I did get some work done around the house. I got all the windows washed on the outside, the front porch washed down, and the garage cleaned out and washed.

Then we went to Sam's and I bought a new TV. So now we are all high definition at our house! I liked to have never got it set-up. I had to call the Sam's help line for assistance. But it's all working great, and Heather is picking up another cord today so that I can hook the Wii up to it this afternoon.

So that's about it for the weekend from our house.

Hope you all had a good weekend yourselves, and I hope ya'll have a great week!

1 comment:

Dirt Princess said...

That place is GORGEOUS!