Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Spaghetti

Heather decided last Friday to go to Demopolis to visit the folks. We have since learned, that the wretched stomach bug truly did originate from that visit. Seems it has spread through the women in her family. In the words of my father-in-law, "It must not like men folks, 'cause just the women folks is getting it." Women and kids, I guess. Since it started with our nephew, Austin. And that's fine. I am perfectly happy to be discriminated against in this case.

But that's not what this post is about.

Heather phoned while she was at her Mama's to tell me that she was waiting around to see our niece, JW, and that she would be late. Knowing that Sue's house is always a plethora of home cooking, I asked Heather what she'd been eating.

Left-over spaghetti.

Which made me start thinking about how long it had been since I'd had spaghetti. Regular pasta is not on any low-carb list.

But a while back, I found a website that advertised low-carb pastas and I ordered some. It's been sitting in the cabinet since it arrived. It is soybean pasta. Hmmmm....



So I looked in the freezer and took out a pack of ground venison (which by the way, is one of the leanest meats you can find), and popped it in the microwave to defrost.

This gave me time to do the Wii Fit.

Once the pasta got done, it had a particularly strong odor to it. Kinda like an iron smell. So rinsed it with cold water and tasted it before I added my deer to it. Didn't want to ruin that whole pack of deer meat.

It tasted like normal pasta. The texture was a bit more grainy, but it was very good.

So I proceeded making the spaghetti and here's what I ended up with.



Obviously I am neither a cookbook author nor a professional photographer, but you get the idea.

So anyway... it was good. I actually had 2 helpings.

And then got back on the Wii.

No comments: