Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Temptation

I have hit the diet trail full force this week. I'm watching the carbs, and I have made it to the gym at lunch to run/walk on the treadmill. I am determined to run the Mayor's 5-K at the end of April.

So when I got up this morning, I was starving. I turned on the coffee pot and Juan Valdez saved my life when I got out of the shower. After a couple of cups, I thought I might actually make it without eating the entire jar of pre-salmonella peanut butter.

I grabbed a couple of Adkin's shakes on my way out the door and headed to the office. When I got here and went to put them in the fridge, I noticed that some thoughtful non-dieting person had brought 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for everyone to enjoy. They weren't just the plain glazed ones either. I'm talking chocolate covered, creme-filled, cinnamon dusted, candy sprinkled and basically whatever else Krispy Kreme was making this morning.

So far so good. I have resisted. Maybe everybody else will eat them before I cave in.

No comments: