Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Specs

I've been thinking about ordering new glasses for over a year now. In fact, at last year's eye exam I noticed that my glasses were pretty outdated. But I could never make up my mind on a frame, and eventually I forgot about it.

Until 3 weeks ago....

You see, I am blind as a bat. I either have to have contacts in my eyes or glasses on my face in order for me to even walk across the floor. It is bad!

I was getting kinda low on contacts, and Dr. Moore's office informed me that it was time for another exam, so I made the appointment. And the thoughts of new glasses came wandering back into my mind.

So I'm not going to bore you with the eye exam details. It was normal. But then it came time to pick out frames. Dr. Moore has the nicest lady named Bea that works for him. She helped Heather pick out her glasses this last time, and she has helped with the last 3 or 4 pairs of mine. She's got great taste and doesn't hold back on giving her honest opinion. That goes a long way with me.

So Bea and I narrowed it down to about 4 or 5 pair, and she boxed those up and sent me home with them to show Heather and finish my decision. Now it just so happened that Chris and Jessica were coming over that night. So when Heather got home, I gave them all a glasses fashion show.

They oohed and aahed over how good looking I am.... just kidding. But they did give their opinions and I finally made a decision.

Last week Bea called and said that the glasses didn't pass inspection at the lab, and that they were starting over and that I should have them this week. And I do.
Here they are.





Feel free to print those so you can use them to keep the crows out of your garden. :)

Later...

1 comment:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh! I like those, very stylish and hip!
You and I must share the same eyesite. I cannot even make out shapes...All I see is colors without my glasses/contacts. I couldnt even pick my momma or kids out of a line up without them.

I also like your new header! I know you had a great trip. I look forward to going in a couple weeks.

Oh, I dont know if you saw my answer to you in the comments, but yes! "Bama" IS going to Bama! Smile. Look out.