Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!



This has been a great weekend. After being down at the beach the past two weekends, and then back and forth, in and out of town during the weeks, this has been a much needed rest for me. Heather had to work, so it's just been me and my girl, Hershey. We've watched movies and all sorts of TV, watched it rain, taken naps, and on top of all that, we've eaten some pretty good grub.

I got my new phone in the mail Friday. Somehow, I am unable to copy all my contacts to my SIM card so they all have had to be entered individually. That took up part of Saturday. I think I'm to the M's.

I went out to the Booth Saturday night to hear the Chinese Dentists, and they were awesome. Our friend, Rusty Kyzer, is the drummer, so I met his wife, Kim and we hung out and watched the show. There was a big screen behind them, and they played the "Muppets in Space" movie throughout the whole show. It was cool.

Sunday was a nothing day. And I do mean nothing. I cooked some ribs and watched the rain. I set the ferns out because I think the rain is better for them than the water out of the faucet.

And then here we are. Memorial Day. Thanks so much to all of our troops, past and present, who give so much so unselfishly.

Today I ran a couple of errands, had lunch with a friend, and then came home where I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was a Land of the Lost marathon on! I used to watch this all the time when I was little. Somehow though, the acting was a whole lot better years ago.

Anyway, today is day 5 with the fertility shots. So far so good. Nobody has passed out, and Heather says they aren't hurting. So today and tomorrow, and we should be done with this round.

Again, Happy Memorial Day, ya'll. I just wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: