Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So long, 2008! It's been real!

When I was little, Daddy's great-aunt Sallie lived next door to us, and I can remember her talking about how time just flies by. Back then, it sure didn't seem that way to me. I though that must be how "old people" thought and talked. Times creeped by for me back then. Well maybe it's because I'm getting older myself, but this year has seemed to have flown by so fast that I don't even know if I can remember all that happened. A lot of it is just a blur!

I know you all have your own memories of this past year, but here are just a few of mine....

Heather and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary in April; in May, we spent a wonderful, relaxing week in Jamaica with Chris & Jessica Sentell; Alabama went to the SEC Championship ranked #1 and undefeated and then on to the Sugar Bowl; I began a great new job with the City of Tuscaloosa in August; we were fortunate enough to spend more time than ever in Orange Beach; I lost my wedding band in Orange Beach trying to get a monster crab out of a trap. (I got a new one, though.); we learned to be thankful for the health of our parents and to appreciate them a little bit more; I ate a whole lot of sushi this past year, and the more I eat it the more I love it!

This next year promises to be just as exciting as 2008. I will celebrate my 20 year reunion with old friends from dear old Jackson Academy; hopefully, our Bama team will have another winning season; I plan to spend as much if not more time enjoying friends and family; we already have the first beach trip of the year in the planning stage and possibly a DC trip being planned as well. Add our everyday craziness that just comes to us randomly, and it should be a heck of a ride!

So hang in there, folks. Maybe I won't run out of things to write about.

Happy New Year, ya'll.


No comments: