Friday, December 19, 2008

HO HO HO!!!!

We had our office Christmas party today. This being my first Christmas here, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. We had to bring a gift for "Dirty Santa", which I normally do not like to play. I actually said so several times, but was informed that if I showed up this morning without a gift, that one would be provided for me. So I decided, "What the heck, when in Rome, what's good for the goose, etc. etc. etc."

We ordered lunch from McAlister's, which turned out to be a great idea, and so much easier than bringing a dish. Somehow, dishes don't always make it back home with me. It may have something to do with that monster in my car that keeps devouring things. I lose more stuff in that car!

So we ate our lunch and enjoyed some good fellowshiping. It is audit time at the City of Tuscaloosa, so the auditors joined us. They have been here nearly a month, and will probably be with us til February, so in the meantime, we take them in as a part of us. Then after lunch, it was Santa time. You all know the drill, so I won't bore you with those details. I ended up with this Alabama trivet that I really like a lot.


So maybe my view has changed on the Dirty Santa. Or maybe I just got lucky today.