Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Stitches are Gone!

I got my stitches out! It only took about 2 minutes and I didn't even feel it. I was very jumpy though. Dr. Bill was home sick, but his assistant took care of it for me. I was really afraid that it would hurt. I've never really had an abundance of stitches in my life. And, as bad as this whole thing has hurt, I was not looking forward to any more unfortableness.

So I asked, "Is this going to hurt?"

She replied, "I don't know. Let's find out. I bet it doesn't hurt me at all."

(I told ya'll those girls try to mess with my head.)

So then she starts to put that 'mirror on a stick' thing in my mouth to look at it, and I literally almost jumped out of the chair. She laughed at me. Then she proceeded to remove the stitches.

The gum was still a little puffy and red, so she got Dr. Smith to come in and look at it. Now, I know Walt Smith and think he's a great guy. Nothing to be afraid of. But when he came in and spoke, I was still so rattled that I started spouting nonsense.....

"Hey, Walt. How 'bout that ball Crimson Tide games how's that working for ya?'

He just looked at me. I laughed at myself and passed it off as a momentary loss of good sense. Which I guess is what it was.

I'm done 'til Dr. McIllwain sees me Monday. More to come.....