Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dude, Where's My Phone?

I am a crackberry addict. I've had my Blackberry for 2 years now, and I don't know how I ever lived without it. I'm on it all the time, and if I slip up and leave it at home, well we've got to go back and get it. I feel naked without it.

I've been watching the AT&T website to see when it was time to upgrade. I'm a gadget freak, and I'd been doing a little shopping and product comparing, and had decided to get the new Blackberry Bold. Week before last, when I logged on to AT&T, I saw that it was time to do a trade-in.

I went out to the retail store 3 times last week. The online specials were better than what they were running in the store. I tried to get the same deal as online, but those folks in the store really didn't care. They kept trying to sell me on that 3G network, when we don't even have 3G available here in Tuscaloosa yet. I pointed that out too. Sell me on something relevant, people!

I also got online, had the phone in my cart, had all my info filled out, but couldn't bring myself to hit the Submit button... 3 or 4 different times. So finally on Friday, I just did it. I ordered it. And I have been excited ever since.

The phone should have been here yesterday, but got held up in Opelika. So it was scheduled for delivery at the house today. I left a note for UPS to call me if a signature was required, and I would meet them somewhere. But just a little before lunch, I checked the UPS website and the phone had been delivered.

I took off to the house, all the while planning my afternoon of getting the new phone and my email and calendars, etc set up. I got home and took the box inside and carefully opened it up. Wow... lots of stuff in the box! There was even a phone case, something I hadn't expected. I had manuals, USB cords, earbuds, Blackberry software, and a plastic card that holds the SIM card. But that was it. Where was the phone? I looked all through everything, thinking that somehow I overlooked it. No dice. The phone was not in there.

So I immediately thought that it must be coming in a separate box. I called AT&T to confirm that idea. Nope. "There's no phone, sir? Are you sure?" I'm sure.

The AT&T folks were very nice (and I talked to 3 or 4 of them before I was done.) They have filed a lost/stolen phone report and a new phone is on its way. Hopefully, I will have it on Friday.

Que sera sera....

1 comment:

Jess said...

This is too funny, things like this only happen to the Reeves family! Ha Ha Ha!!