Monday, February 9, 2009

What a Great Weekend!

I have a fever. Spring Fever that is! HA! How cheesy is that?

It was a busy weekend at the Reeves home. The house got cleaned from wall to wall and I stayed outside working in the yard for most of the day Saturday. The weather was great for being outside. Heather was working, so Hershey and I had the whole place to ourselves. I did some trimming, and raking, and got myself some nice new blisters on my hands. I am truly amazed each year at the amount of leaves that fall in our yard. We have help with them in the main part of the yard, but we do the flower beds ourselves. Our forsythias up next to the fence were swamped with leaves, and cleaning that area was the biggest part of the day.

I did notice that the birds were especially appreciative of my work. I guess there were plenty of bugs and worms and such under all those leaves and the birds were literally flocking to our yard Saturday evening. I saw our pair of red birds who normally live around the yard, and several other varieties as well. I even saw a woodpecker out in the woods. He was as red-headed as could be. I went ahead and refilled the feeders. Maybe they will all like our yard and stay around awhile.

So that was the weekend in a nutshell. Not terribly exciting, but I sure did enjoy it. I still have things on that ever-growing list of things to do. Maybe next Saturday I can do it all again!

On another note, I found a recipe for a pork tenderloin in this week's Publix sale paper. I bought the tenderloin yesterday, and I'm going to fix it tonight. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

No comments: