Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Making Changes...

I have got to do something about our washer and dryer. For some reason, they are shrinking the waistband in my pants! At least that's the explanation I am telling myself. Regardless, something has to be done to solve this problem because I am running out of things to wear to work! If the weather would stay cold, I could wear a sweater and people wouldn't see how tight my pants are, but since it seems like Tuscaloosa is going to remain tropical this year, I gotta make some changes.


So I started back to the gym yesterday. When I got there, I was comforted by the fact that it was much more crowded than it was the last time I was there 2 months ago. I assumed that meant that I was not the only one in this situation. Evidently there is a rash of washer problems all over town.


I have found that working out before work just doesn't get it for me. I may go a couple of times, but I fall off the wagon fairly quickly. After work, I just want to go home. So I don't go then either. But if I can go at lunch, then I can stick with it long enough to get into the habit. I got up and got to the office early, and about noon I headed over to the Y. Today I did the same. So far so good....


We also started back on the diets yesterday. At least I did. Heather had told me that we would diet together, and I actually believed her. We've done the low-carb thing before, and it has worked very well. So that's what we decided to do again. All day long, I stuck to the diet, and last night I decided to fix us some pork chops and asparagus. About the time for Heather to leave the hospital, I thought I'd call to see if she got away on time. The lady that carpools with her answered the phone. Then she shared a bit of information with me that I just could not believe....my wife decided to have fajitas and an apple dumpling for lunch! So much for her low-carbing. Cheater.....





Right now I think I could eat 4 apple dumplings. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Katie B said...

One word - TRIFFLE. Now leave her alone. :)