Monday, June 23, 2008

Another Wedding Weekend

Ok, so Heather's sister Cheryl got married this weekend. We left Friday afternoon, after dropping the hound off at Hot Diggity Dog Camp, and headed to Birmingham.
It was a noneventful trip, and we arrived by 5pm. Cheryl had phoned the house around 2:30pm and freaked out because we hadn't left and might be late. We weren't even supposed to be at the church until 6pm, but some people have no faith in my abilities. So anyway, we dropped by the hotel where the inlaws were staying for a short visit with them, and then it was on to Homewood Church of Christ for the rehearsal. I'm not going to pretend that I know what all went on during the rehearsal. Heather's brother, Hess, and I discussed world and life issues and paid little attention to everything else. But obviously the wedding folks got their business done because before long, we were ready to head to Jim & Nick's for some grub.

When we drove up to Jim & Nick's, we saw Heather's brother, Cory, and his family from Olive Branch, MS. We never get to see them, so everybody sorta swarmed around them and we slowly made our way in to eat. We had lots of great BBQ with all of the fixin's, and then they brought out the pies! Anybody who know me knows I am all about some pie. I had lemon and it was great! We all left there miserably full.

Heather and I stayed Friday night with our friends, Sid & Libby Hearn, who were kind enough to open their home up to us. Chris & Jessica Sentell were also over there, and we all sat up late and did our normal story swapping and catching up in general. About 1am, the Waffle House called, and we chowed down on some scattered, covered, and smothered, then went back to Sid & Libby's and crashed.

Saturday was busy, of course. Heather had to be at the church at 3:15, so I just killed time and visited with other family members until time for the wedding to begin. It was a very nice wedding. Our nephew, Murphy, was the ring bearer and when he got to the front of the church, he decided he wanted to go back up and come down again. His dad had to grab him. Then our niece, Jane Wiley, came down as flower girl, but was not happy at all about it and refused to throw her flower petals on the floor. She wanted them in her basket!

After the ceremony, we all gathered for the parents, siblings, spouses, and children group picture. Then we headed over for more great food at the reception.

Cheryl & Mikel left around 8:30pm.

We then headed back over to the hotel to visit some more with the family, and ended up spending the night with Corey, Denise, and 2 of their boys, CJ & Cody. Heather and Denise stayed up talking until 4am, so needless to say, we were beat down tired on Sunday.

Hershey was worn out as well when we picked her up, so I assume she had a big weekend at camp. She seemed to be having fun when we drove up. There were probably 15 or so other small dogs in her area.

We came home, took naps, got up to eat, watch a little TV, and were in bed by 8:30. It kinda sux getting old.

I can't see any other weddings in the immediate future, but who knows when cupid will strike again, and we do it all over.


Katie B said...

Did you catch the bouquet?

Derek said...

No. Those were Heather's. I was just holding them while she was taking pictures with our camera.